Business Banking Analyst - Houston or Plano - 11142018
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Credit - Corporate - 7300|
|Description:||The Business Banking Analyst is responsible for analyzing small business loan requests to determine the applicant’s creditworthiness. |
|Duties:||• For each assigned loan request, assure compliance with banking regulations governing consumer and small business lending including Reg. B and Fair Lending. |
• Analyze personal and business tax returns, financial statements, and credit reports to determine an applicant’s capacity to repay. Conduct cash flow analysis (business and personal) and other financial analysis based on the bank’s underwriting guidelines for small business loans. Research industry and market trends relative to the applicants’ loan requests and incorporate findings into a credit memo when appropriate.
• Prepare documents necessary to evidence the credit decision (loan approval worksheet or denial forms, loan agreement worksheet, credit memo, etc.) and obtain signatures of lender and credit officer.
• Maintain activity logs for each loan request (tracking log, loans not originated log, underwriting exceptions log, etc.).
• Provide expertise in regards to consumer and small business loan processing to lending officers and lending assistants; respond to questions about pricing, products, requirements for pre-approval items such as financial statements and tax returns and other inquiries.
• On an as-needed basis, spread applicant’s business financial statements and tax returns using Cash Insight or other bank standard software.
• Complete annual mandatory compliance training and other training as assigned.
• BA or MBA in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 12 hours in accounting, including intermediate accounting.
• Minimum two years of experience in a position directly related to credit and lending such as business banking specialist or loan assistant. Small business and consumer underwriting training or experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of spreading software such as CASH Insight or Moody’s.
• Thorough understanding of Regulation B, Regulation Z, and all bank policies related to these Regulations.
• Competent in MS Excel and Word.
• Familiarity with Jack Henry loan and deposit system.
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage time to complete multiple tasks.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead and train.
• Highly motivated and self-starter.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Green Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.