Commercial Underwriting Officer - Plano - 09282018
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Credit - Corporate - 7300|
|Description:||The Underwriting Officer is responsible for providing credit decision makers with the in-depth, independent risk analysis necessary for making informed credit decisions.|
|Duties:||• Underwrite the creditworthiness of prospective and existing borrowers, particularly in the larger dollar and more complex credits to assist lenders and credit decision-makers in determining loan eligibility. Ensure appropriate credit underwriting, reliable risk assessment, and credit loss minimization consistent with credit policy and regulatory requirements.|
o Financial statement analysis including UCA cash flow.
o Guarantor analysis.
o Borrowers’ repayment ability.
o The Bank’s collateral position.
o Industry analysis.
• Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
• Suggest an asset quality rating based on relationship review. Compile an accurate relationship profitability analysis as directed by corporate policy.
• Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s of Science in related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 5 – 7 years experience in credit underwriting or related experience.
• Some experience related to the underwriting of loans using the SBA 7A, Express and 504 loan programs, as well as the USDA B&I program preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of non-borrowing products.
• Strong underwriting skills handling moderate to complex credits.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Green Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.