Accounting Generalist II - San Felipe - 04022018
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Accounting - Corporate - 7400|
|Description:||Process payments utilizing the Accounts Payable and Expense Report systems, distribute payments and maintain vendor files. Update the Fixed Asset and Prepaid systems and maintain related files. Prepare general ledger reconciliations. Post entries to the general ledger system.|
|Duties:||• Process accounts payable transactions, including coding to the appropriate general ledger account and cost centers and routing to the appropriate approval authorities for payment. Maintain electronic and permanent vendor files. Prepare checks for distribution and process ACH acknowledgments. Communicate with bank personnel and vendors as needed.|
• Process expense reports. Communicate with bank personnel as needed. Provide support to bank personnel related to the accounts payable processes and systems, including invoice approval and expense report submission.
• Update the fixed asset and prepaid systems for invoices paid and maintain related files.
• Post journal vouchers to the general ledger system.
• Prepare reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
• Prepare various accounting reports and schedules.
• High school graduate with some college level business classes or equivalent work experience.
• One to three years accounting experience, with emphasis in accounts payable.
• Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
• Understanding of general accounting concepts.
• Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Green Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.