Community Development Officer - Brookhollow- 02082018
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Compliance - 7200|
|Description:||The Community Development Officer is devoted to improving the quality of life of residents in low-to-moderate income (LMI) areas and is responsible for Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) related activities within the bank’s footprint, by promoting CRA lending to LMI borrowers within these communities. The Community Development Officer meets with prospects, explains various banking products, and determines best alternatives. The Community Development Officer establishes meaningful relationships with community based organizations and governmental agencies which result in a source of referrals for lending opportunities, ensuring the bank remains in full compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act. |
The Community Development Officer works with the CRA Officer to document and report all CRA activities..
|Duties:||• Initiates and works to manage CRA-qualified service activities for the Bank. This includes splitting time between the different regions. Time should be split statewide, Dallas 50%, Houston 40%, and Austin 10%.|
• Ensures compliance with all applicable reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
• Works along with the CRA Officer to answer employees’ questions as it relates to CRA requirements and reporting.
• Engages, recruits and coordinates appropriate Bank employee participation in applicable CRA-qualified activities.
• Actively engages in and monitors agency, public and community programs.
• Requires allocating employees’ time between the established assessment areas.
• Explores and evaluates community development needs and develops understanding of local issues and needs.
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
• Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in General Business.
• Four years of Banking Regulatory, CRA, and Consumer Lending experience.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of the Community Reinvestment Act.
• Knowledge of Bank products, lending practices, federal regulatory guidelines, and underwriting.
• Establish relationships with local referral networks.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
• Ensures potential new organizations qualify and meet CRA standards.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability in organization and reporting skills.
• Marketing, promoting, relationship building and consulting skills required.
• Demonstrated sales ability.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.