Business Banking Underwriting Officer - Brookhollow - 10112017
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Credit - Corporate - 7300|
|Description:||The Business Banking Underwriting Officer is responsible for analyzing small business loan requests to determine the applicant’s creditworthiness and for providing credit decision makers with the in-depth, independent risk analysis necessary for making informed credit decisions.|
|Duties:||• Underwrite the creditworthiness of prospective and existing borrowers for loan amounts up to $2.0MM to assist lenders and credit decision-makers in determining loan eligibility. Ensure appropriate credit underwriting, reliable risk assessment, and credit loss minimization consistent with credit policy and regulatory requirements.|
o Financial statement analysis including UCA cash flow.
o Guarantor analysis.
o Borrowers’ repayment ability.
o The Bank’s collateral position.
o Industry analysis.
• Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
• Suggest an asset quality rating based on relationship review. Compile an accurate relationship profitability analysis as directed by corporate policy.
• For each assigned loan request, assure compliance with banking regulations governing consumer and small business lending including Reg. B and Fair Lending.
• Prepare documents necessary to evidence the credit decision (loan approval worksheet or denial forms, loan agreement worksheet, credit memo, etc.) and obtain signatures of lender and credit officer.
• Provide expertise in regards to consumer and small business loan processing to lending officers and lending assistants; respond to questions about pricing, products, requirements for pre-approval items such as financial statements and tax returns and other inquiries.
• BA or MBA in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 12 hours in accounting, including intermediate accounting.
• Minimum two years of experience in a position directly related to credit and underwriting. Small business and consumer underwriting training or experience preferred.
• Some experience related to the underwriting of loans using the SBA 7A, Express and 504 loan programs, as well as the USDA B&I program preferred.
• Working knowledge of spreading software such as CASH Insight or Moody’s.
• Thorough understanding of Regulation B, Regulation Z, and all bank policies related to these Regulations.
• Competent in MS Excel and Word.
• Familiarity with Jack Henry loan and deposit system.
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage time to complete multiple tasks.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead and train.
• Highly motivated and self-starter.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Green Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.